layout

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My New Sport

I also had an awesome weekend of collecting loot. For those of you who do not know this already, I have a slight obsession with saving money and getting things for free. It gives me a total rush! Well this weekend I actually MADE money from shopping. About $35 actually! Walgreens publishes a monthly rewards/coupons booklet. Each month there are offers in the middle of the booklet for you to get full rebates on certain products, and partial rebates on others. If you choose to receive your rebate in the form of a Walgreens gift card, then they add %10 to your total rebate amount. I also found out that Walgreens and Target stack coupons, so I can sometimes use several at a time. Here's what I got and how I did it:

-Garnier Fructise Shampoo ($3.49) - $1 off Walgreens coupon + $1 off manufacturer's coupon
-Garnier Fructise Conditioner ($3.49) -$1 off Walgreens coupon + $1 off manufacturer's coupon
-Garnier Fructise Instant Melting Conditioner ($3.49) -$1 off manufacturer's coupon
-Nivea for Men body wash ($4.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-2 Glade Scented Oil Plug-Ins ($4.79 each) -Walgreens sale B1G1 free + manufacturer's coupon B1G1 free = I got both free!!
-2 Glade Scented Oil Refills ($4.49 each) -Walgreens sale B1G1 free + manufacturer's coupon B1G1 free = I got both free!!
-Garnier Skin Renew Eye Roller ($13.49) -$3 rebate + $3 off manufacturer's coupon + Walgreens rebate (buy $20 of Garnier product and receive $10 rebate)
-Loreal Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate ($12.36) -Walgreens full rebate
-Revlon Nail Polish ($4.79) -Walgreens full rebate
-Excedrin Extra Strength ($3.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-Chemistry Root Lifter ($7.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-Lypsyl lip balm ($1.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-Water pitcher replacement cartridge ($6.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-Crest Pro-Health toothpaste ($3.79) -Walgreens full rebate + $1 off coupon
-Acid Controller Tablets (7.99) -Walgreens full rebate
-Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean laundry detergent ($13.99) -full rebate offer I found online
-Dove deoderant (.84) - $.75 off coupon
-Glade room spray (.86) - $1 off coupon
-2 The Body Shop lip gloss (2 for $12) - $10 off coupon

There were also some online coupons for Walgreens (spend $40 and get $10 off) that I got to use twice. All in all, I received $125.09 worth of product. In the end, I actually gained about $30 for buying all the product. Can you believe that?! If you want to see exactly where the deals are and how you can do it, too, check my out these other blogs.
Check here and here.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought I was good but next to you, I got nothin'! I may have to have a lesson the next time I'm in town...