layout

Friday, September 26, 2008

My Computer Has a Grudge

What a week! Izaih has started calling me "Mom" and "Mommy" on occasion. It's like he's trying it out to see if it fits. He's doing the same with Mark (but he calls him Daddy) :) I try to act normal when he says it, like it doesn't catch me off guard at all. Yesterday he cried his little eyes out when I dropped him off at school. I'm not sure who cried more, him or I!! I got in trouble with his teacher because I went back in the classroom to get him because I just couldn't take it!! He's been crying a lot more lately. Not his typical whiny, fake cry, but real tears. It's like music to my ears, because he didn't cry until he'd been with us for several weeks. His only emotion was anger before he came to us. Even up until now, him crying has been a pretty rare occurrence. Dr. Barry the thaumaturge gave us a reason for Izaih's behaviors that is pretty darn hilarious; I wish I could tell you!! In case you've never heard of the thaumaturge, he's a nutritionist/faith healer. He has the gifts of discernment and healing. He's amazing and usually dead on. He's done sooo much for my mom and other members of my fam. He's told me stuff about myself that he couldn't possibly know. He produces his own line of all-natural herbal remedies. Check him out here.

Mark and I have really been struggling with the whole adoption situation with Izaih. Lately, every time I think about it I get all weepy. I was explaining things with a friend at church this week and couldn't even stay for worship because all of a sudden all these emotions just - BAM! - hit me. I can't imagine our lives without our little man. Please pray for us. On a happy note, Izaih can now spell R-I-B and R-A-T....such a smart, adorable child!!

The computer has died on us twice this week, so it's been in the shop. It's a frustrating time for that to happen since I'm in the midst of a job hunt. In the meantime, things are going amazing at my other job. I love having options! I love having passion! Maybe I won't get a full-time job. Maybe I will just keep doing contract work and do ten different jobs! I love so many things, so it would be hard to do just one. However, I need health insurance. Boo. Another reason why we should have universal healthcare (Plug: Go rent "Sicko"!) I have been blessed with the most wonderful, supportive husband a girl could ask for. He has been amazing, and unbelievably supportive throughout everything, i.e. school, move, jobs, etc. He is so perfect:) *Swoon* :) I've gotten to spend a lot of time catching up with friends lately, after having neglected them due to my hectic busy-ness. I have been blessed with such an amazing, supportive, diverse group of friends. I couldn't do it without them. I love you friends!!!!!!!!!!

Soapbox alert. I just want to put this out there. Divorce is a tricky, complicated thing. The only people who truly know what goes on in a marriage are the two people IN it. Both people hurt. No one "wins". Family butting in and spreading hatred definitely does not help the situation, but only spreads rumors, cements animosity, and prevents the couple from working things out. Please make this a happier place and don't do that:) Love, love love love love love love love love.........:D

1 comment:

HiDLeAnn said...

yeah.. i'm on the other side of the world having adventures, but I am jealous of your life. it's amazing and I love that it's easier to keep up with it on here.. so impersonal, but not. I miss you guys so much. Love you so much and when I get back i'll be there to visit. i'm keeping you in my thoughts everyday with our Dad.