layout

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Number Four

Can anyone guess the significance of the blog post title?

Today I got a call from a social worker at the hospital, and she said that Izaih was allegedly sexually abused again this morning by an adolescent patient. He was sleeping in the same room with the patient, and the staff apparently wasn't watching them while they were supposed to be sleeping. All I could do was cry. We have no fight left in us. The hospital hotlined themselves - AGAIN - and the social worker was very supportive. I told her about us pleading repeatedly with the staff about always watching Izaih and keeping him in a private room at night. We have been told over and over that he would be sleeping alone, so how this happened is beyond my comprehension.

I have the sweetest boss who just cried with me and let me go home. We were set on getting Izaih and yanking him out of that place. However, we are not his legal guardians (yet) and the caseworker can't have him released because then insurance wouldn't cover his stay. Plus, then the psychiatrist wouldn't sign off on giving him his meds, and we would be back to square one - actually worse. I feel like a zombie; I have no idea what to do. I feel so much anger, anguish, sadness, helplessness, etc. etc. etc. that my mind has kind of just shut down.

On top of that, one of Izaih's therapists at school has also communicated some concerns and suspicions with the teacher we have feared has been hitting Izaih and the other kids. Today the investigation started. No hotline yet! But why not add one more? I mean, we're already at four, so might as well just get them all out there! I wonder if this is a record with DFS. Am I in the twilight zone? Is this all for real?

PLEASE keep praying for us.

No comments: