Praise the Lord! We got to bring Izaih home on Monday! We had a welcome home party for him and we all had a blast! Izaih is like a totally different kid now that he's all situated on meds. If we could have just gotten him on meds months ago, I am convinced that he would not have had to go through half or the horrible things he's been through. But things are looking very good now. He is so sweet, caring, and compassionate. Now he's able to communicate and talk to us about all sorts of things. It's seriously like we fast-forwarded through a year of development; there's that much of a difference in him now. He can work puzzles and sit still, and he'll even let me read to him. He even goes to bed and sleeps!!!!!!!! I am no longer on the "Putting kids on Ridilin is wrong" side of the argument. Izaih should be the poster child for Ridilin and the miracle it can be. Thank you God for whoever invented meth! :)
To make a long story short, Izaih (with his new ability think clearly and communicate) told us of some awful things one of his teachers at school has been doing, and we decided that enough was enough. I quit my job, we pulled Izaih out of school, and now I'm a stay-at-home Mommy! I have loved every minute of it. The teacher, however, kept blowing up my cell (I think because he wanted to sweet talk me into not telling on him....too late moron), and here's where I have to brag on Mark. Mark, my sweet, gentle, nonconfrontational, pacifist-of-a-hubby went up to the school, pulled BJ out, and told him not to have any more contact with us. And he even managed to say it diplomatically and with a handshake! I'm so very proud of him.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us and to those who have been so supportive. We are happier than words can express to have our little man home!
3 comments:
Emma!!!! Everytime I try to log into your page it wouldn't let me go past the 'private' blog...It finally let me go there and I am so sorry you guys have been going through all of that!!! I can't imagine how much your and Mark's compassionate spirits were tormented while Izaih was gone and going through that. All I can hope is that now that he is able to talk with you guys and express his feelings he can work through it and deal with it in a productive way. Now that you are home with him as well hopefully he will start to feel safer and happier and be that awesome little kid you know he can be! I love you guys and am praying for you!
I am so excited that you get to be home now. I know that can be a strain.. especially now, but it really is going to be so beneficial to all of you. DAD is going to take care of you all. I love you guys and pray for you daily!
All of this new healthy development for Izaih is great!!! Good for you and Mark for standing up for your son....
Post a Comment