layout

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meds Update

My Sweet Sweet


Izaih has been doing some better since they have put him on meds. The psychiatrist has been wonderful and has really been taking our input. We have him on meds for ADHD, and are considering meds for mood stabilization. Not sure yet. We're starting at the bottom and working up, so they just increased his dosage for the third time. The less meds he has to take the better. He bawls his little eyes out every time we leave him. I don't know if I can take much more of this.

They still won't let us bring him home from the hospital. The social worker has been very diligent about making sure every effort will be taken to keep him 110% safe. The staff is being monitored closely to make sure they're doing their job with him. That is so sad to me. We just want our boy home. We are not taking everything well, obviously. We are happy for the support we have received, but discouraged by those who seem to think this is not such a big deal. I wish I could see only the positive and have a better attitude, but it is very hard with all that's going on. I'm reminded of a topic I blogged about a while back about things only being taken seriously when it's something horrible inflicted on the body.

Anyways, to those of you who have been supportive during this agonizing ordeal, it means more to us that you will ever know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry about all this that is going on for yall. I know that has got to be almost unbearable. Let Jesus take some of the load. God loves Izaih and He love yall as well. I trust that He is working somehow in this midst of the chaos to bring peace.

Rachel and I will be praying. If we can do anything else please please let us know.

Nicoolmama said...

I have been so so frustrated that I have not been able to read your blog. When I click on it, it bounces me between two pages- neither of which ever load. I am happy to say it let me in today, however, I am sad to hear of everything that has been going on with Izaih. That little boy of yours is an amazing fighter....and he and you and Mark WILL make it through. One day at a time. I will pray that God puts his protective hand over Izaih at a time when you are not able and always.
God Bless Your Family.
Nicole