layout

Wednesday, December 31, 2008


So many emotions tie me up in knots when I see this picture; joyful for all the great, hilarious and meaningful times that we have spent with this little bundle of character; sadness for all the pain and suffering that such a beautiful little boy has had to endure in his first few years of life; more joy for being able to see how much he has grown just in the past year; anger that anyone could ever treat someone so small the way that he has been treated; and most of all more joy for all of the things that he has taught me about myself, about life, and about relationships. We were blessed with so many "things" at Christmas that we are all so thankful for, but nothing compares to this little guy and the gift that he has been to us.

Gosh, being a dad has turned me into to such a sap...I'm sorry...I'm done.


Now this is hilarious. Hannah got Jeff a flask for his monavie that says pimp on it. Judging from his face though, I think there might be something else in the flask...? We had Emma's family over to our place for Christmas so that Izaih could experience his first Christmas with us at his own house. It was a little tight, but we managed and had a great time. We all were blessed with so much. Gloria and Grandma made their gifts this year, and they totally rocked. Emma and I got body pillows and she made Hannah these purses that looked like she bought them at Urban Outfitters or something.

The funniest part of the whole day was when Izaih opened one of his presents from Mama G and Papa. A little background though first...we went to Searcy for Thanksgiving and we forgot one of Izaih's fleece sweatshirts. So when Jeff was packing up presents, he found the fleece and asked who it was for, thinking it was a present, and Gloria said that it was Izaih's. So Jeff wrapped it and gave it to Izaih on Christmas. Would you believe that it was Izaih's favorite present?! He begged me to help him put it on and strutted around the room like he was the coolest thing to walk the Earth. And he liked it because his Uncle Jon was wearing one just like it. That kid cracks me up.

I know I've said it already but we were so blessed this Christmas. I hope everyone kept in mind, and keeps in mind, all those out there who dont have any "things" to celebrate with on Christmas. And all of those families who just wanted their home to be heated on Christmas. Merry Chirstmas (a little late) and Happy New Year (a little early)!!






No comments: