layout
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Mommy Dragon
I had my first confrontation with a parent today. Izaih and I walked into his classroom this morning, only to be faced with this woman going off on me for Izaih hitting her little girl. I managed to stay pretty calm. I wasn't mad at all that she talked to me about it, but it was the way she did it that about made me hit her! She acted like it was my fault, that it was something we teach him to do, and that I am a bad mother. It didn't help that on Izaih's first day, she walked up to me and said some very rude things, not realizing I was just a new mom to the class. Anyway, you know those parents that will defend their child to the death, even when the child's done something (or a lot of things) wrong? Yeah, that's one of my biggest petpeeves. I just want to give them an Enabler of the Year Award and a reality check. But today, when that mom said what she did to me, I TOTALLY felt like that enabling parent. The mean, ugly mommy dragon reared her head and blew some fire. (Any preschool onlooker would just tell you that I apologized, told her to calm down, and to quit acting like it's something we approve of or teach him at home.) I really get sick of rude, unhappy people. Next time I see this particular mother, I'm just going to treat her like I would a client. Tsk, tsk, can I give you the name of a good therapist? Or maybe I could help you with some coping skills that you obviously lack. Grrrrrr...:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment