We are LOVING the weather lately; it is so GLORIOUS! It puts me in a such a great mood! Sometimes I just have to pinch myself. I have the most amazing life partner, little boy, family, friends, and .... LIFE! I hate to sound sappy, but it brings tears to my eyes when I think of all the ways God has truly blessed us. When I think back to the past few years and what it has been like, I am agonizingly reminded of the horror and pain of it all. I never would have dreamed of being in the place I am in now, let alone happy in it. My God has given me more strength than I thought possible, and has delivered me when it was just too much. He has truly turned my ashes into beauty, and I no longer live with the fear and shame that so devastatingly consumed me for so long. I am no longer silenced, nor am I consumed with anger for those who tried to keep me that way. Mark and I have been released of the oppression of religion and of those who wished to bring us harm. Once again, Satan's attempts at destroying us have made us stronger in our love for each other and stronger in our faith. God continues to show himself to us through the sweet faces of the children we work with, our neighbors, the homeless people we encounter almost daily, the endless support and encouragement of countless people in our lives, the vigilant efforts of those around us who work towards love and social justice, and even something as simple as a song or smile.
Then there is Izaih. The way he has changed since being with us has been nothing short of a miracle. You will often find us frustrated and frazzled, but during the quiet moments we are reminded of God's great love for him; plans to take care of him and restore what was taken from him. The fight between good and evil is very much a reality for him, and one that he no doubt fights ceaselessly. His sweet smile and "I love you" are enough to melt me into a pool of joy and contentedness. The fact that he has attached to us at all and let us into his sweet, fragile little heart is proof enough to me of God's love for all three of us. Looking back, we see where Satan tried so hard to sabotage us and Izaih's life together. It is humbling to realize that nothing we could have done, but only God could take so many fears, losses, and failures to prepare us to be the people He would use in Izaih's life. I am awed and forever grateful for Him allowing it to be us.
I love this hottie right here!
No comments:
Post a Comment