layout

Friday, October 17, 2008

God's Politics



We all went to the Blues game last night. It was much more fun than I thought it would be. Izaih kept yelling, "GO blue ones!!!" So cute:)

I'm loving my job! Can I even call it a job? It's too much fun!

The presidential election is eating away at us right now. For the first time during an election, I am actually really educated, and it makes me crazy. I wish I wasn't. Ignorance is bliss, it truly is. I don't find that being a Social Worker and a Christian makes me feel torn between the two parties like I've been told by others. It just makes me ashamed at those who have no sense of compassion or empathy and truly believe our country should operate under the dog-eat-dog form of government. Call me a socialist, but I just don't understand how someone with millions of dollars would even NOTICE a few thousand of those dollars missing to help the suffering have a chance to actually MAKE IT in life. I have a feeling I might know what Jesus would have to say about that. And when did God decide that the U.S. is a "city on a hill"??? I believe that phrase was directed towards Christians way back in the day. And I gotta say, we are looking more like bullies than loving, compassionate, Christlike peacemakers. BOOO on the U.S. I'm moving to Canada.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont move to Canada, we need you here!

Clenece said...

Thanks for linking us on your blog.

-Good or Free Deals

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. The arguement that the extremely wealthy "work harder to earn their money" is worthless. Since when does having a cushy desk job with a personal secretary and frequent work trips to Europe mean you "work harder" than a single mom working two jobs at minimum wage just to make ends meet? Come on, people.