layout

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kangaroos at Neotez???


I was at Neotez for several days last week for North City week. It never gets old, never gets boring. I am always amazed at the way being at Neotez changes so many lives and revives tired ones! Most of my most cherished memories involve being at Neotez, or are stemmed from something that happened there. My girls this week were AWESOME!!!! Nevermind that they fought every waking moment with each other :) They just needed to be equipped with some coping and anger management skills. Lucky for them they had me:) Lol...this is funny because I need to practice what I preach sometimes!! I love those girls soooo badly!

Anyways, so for those of you not from here, Neotez is this little camp in the middle of nowhere, outside of a little Missouri country town. Yet we were supposed to be very careful and watchful all week because there was a kangaroo on the loose. Yes folks, a kangaroo. Actually a walaroo, but I don't know the difference. Someone in this little country town had a kangaroo...and it escaped. Life just doesn't get more random than that! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, I still can't believe that there was a wallaroo loose, but here's a description for all who are curious!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallaroo

I agree, camp was amazing despite its problems. Four girls in my cabin got baptized as soon as we got back to church!