Long days lately. Izaih hasn't been doing well. He's been doing an extended forensic interview, so his behaviors have gotten much worse than they ever have been before.
Yes, apparently that's possible. Today he tried to stab me with some scissors! Yikes! I've gotten pretty good at dodging, running, and holding the door closed! But we are still just in love as ever with this boy. God has a perfect plan for him, and we will be here to facilitate the healing process with him. Life itself is such a healing process.
He got accepted into Wilkenson - WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a great school, so we are very excited! He can go there until 2nd grade, and then we will pick a more concentrated school for him. So come August, he will be starting Kindergarten! I don't think any of us are ready to try another preschool before that. He barricades us in my room every morning with the door locked, and that's the only way he feels safe. My trust level with humans is almost inexistent at this point, too :(
This weekend Mark is dressing up as a pirate for the Razzle Dazzle Ball, a benefit for The Crisis Nursery. The theme is "Treasure Hunt" or something. I think he's very brave, lol! When it comes to helping kids, he always goes the extra mile:)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear that Izaih is having troubles again, but I know from kids I have worked with going through stuff that it typically gets worse before it gets better. I know that doesn't help when your in the 'worse' part, but I can't help but think you are still doing what is best for him. Good news about school though! Hopefully it will be beneficial also!
I can't imagine what a struggle Izaih has between his heart and his mind. I have always believed that kids treat the ones they love the most the harshest during hard times, because they know it's safe. He knows he is safe with you and Mark. I will keep your family in my thoughts.
Saying prayers for you all. I can't imagine and am thankful there are people like you and Mark that can love on children who need it so desperately. Love you guys!
You two are absolute saints! God is faithful!!!
Post a Comment