layout

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Izaih can drive, y'all!

Izaih was up most of the night last night. Every time I would finally drift off, I would wake up to him into something. Needless to say, even when he was asleep, neither Mark or I got much. Izaih woke up with the crack of dawn as usual, though, so Mark got up with him to watch cartoons. Mark dozed off on the couch and Izaih saw an opportunity (I feel like I've written this before...)

Aparantly Izaih (once again) somehow reached our keys, snuck out of the house, and DROVE the car over the speed bump, through the fence, and into the guardrail. A woman who was taking a walk saw everything and freaked out. She was trying to get Izaih out of the car, so he ran back inside and tried to act innocent. The woman at our door must have thought there was something wrong with me. I was so tired and groggy and in total shock of what she had just told me.

A couple days ago we decided to put Izaih in a therapeutic preschool. We totally didn't want to, but bills are piling up so I have to get a job, and he needs a lot of help. Yesterday he visited the school after the kids went home, and he got to meet several of his teachers. He really liked it, and I know it will be really good for him. Now, thinking about that, it makes total sense why we had the incident today. Fight or flight with him, 24/7, but ESPECIALLY when he has any type of transition or feels like we're abandoning him. Mark and I are feeling like really bad parents. We're so tired. I'm sure this looks really bad to everyone on the outside. I need a nap, please!

3 comments:

Kym said...

Oh girly...don't feel bad. Follow your parent instincts and do what you think is best. Every parent makes mistakes, but the most important thing is that you do what you truly feel is best for your son and your family.
I know the car thing wasn't funny to you guys and from the parent aspect I'm sure it was terrifying, but from a story point of view it was a little funny!!!! :)

Gloria & Jeff Woods said...

I just can't wait to hear the rest of the story! Did you tell Izaih that next time he will get a ticket since he doesn't have his liscense? I agree with Kym! Just praise God that no one was hurt and that the woman was there to help! Okay you didn't mention the car.
:( So sorry that happened!

HiDLeAnn said...

you are totally not bad parents. the love you give that child alone makes you amazing parents.
as for driving the car.. it's about time.. I mean in my family. we all had wrecks by the time we were 4. it's common. my bro was 2.