layout

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Turn...


I am a terrible blogger. I always tell Emma that I'm gonna blog, but I either forget to or I can never think of anything good to write about. Today, however, I didn't forget and I have a lot to update everyone on. Emma mentioned briefly about Izaih's tooth being pulled. He took it like a champ; I was more worried about it than he was (I guess that's part of parenthood). He didn't complain once about it hurting after it was taken out. He did cry for a good 20 minutes though when he looked in the mirror and realized his tooth was gone. And the best part, just when I thought he couldn't get any cuter (or cooler as he would say), he looks so much more adorable than he did before with only one tooth missing. And now it sounds like he has a lisp!! Now about the pictures; in case you couldnt figure it out he was a red power ranger for halloween. And I couldnt believe it, but we actually got to hang out with not only Marilyn Monroe on Halloween, but Gumby too!! All joking aside, yesterday was one of the most fantastic days we have had. We went to forest park and had a picnic right in front of the paddle boat pond with the worlds fair pavilion behind us. I love St. Louis!! The weather could not have been more perfect for us. The best part was just being able to get out of the house and put all of our daily stress behind us and just enjoy eachother. I am so blessed. I have a gorgeous wife that is madly in love with me, a little boy that has brought more joy to life than I ever thought a child could (which says a lot because every kids brings joy to my life). I realized yesterday too how well the three of us just fit together. I cant put it into words but it just seems like we have become so in sync with eachother that when one of us isnt at 100%, the other two make up for it. Whenever Emma or I am having a bad day, Izaih will love on us and cuddle, which he rarely does, and says sweet things like, "I'll keep you safe miss Emma" or "your my best girl" or "your my bestest friend." Things like that make all the tantrums, all the batteries thrown in my face, all the feces on the walls and every other headache that we've been through so worth it. I cant thank God enough for bringing this little guy into our lives and I can only hope that we have and will influence and change him as much as he has influenced and changed us.

No comments: