Has anyone read this yet? I started it while I was in the hospital (that post is below), but I quickly found it impossible to read since I had IV's in both arms. So far it seems like a refreshing perspective from someone who, like me, cares nothing for religion and "church" as our society knows it. I love it that this author cares so genuinely about each person and each story that knits his or her life together. Some days I feel like I am one of few who care so deeply that way.I have never really understood the whole "social order" expected in our society. Like, when you see someone you know at the grocery store and are supposed to approach them with a huge smile and, "Well HI!! How ARE you?" even if you hate each other. This one's my favorite...the "Well, it was GREAT to see you!" at the end of that encounter. Or when someone sends an email or facebook message to say, "Hope all is well". Have we always been so impersonal and FAKE?! Gosh, I know I've caved to that a few times, but I would much prefer to be real. Not mean or rude, just real. Like, for once maybe be able to respond to "how are you?" without people being shocked/scared when you reply with something other than the monotonous "fine, thanks".
This is one of the problems I have with modern-day "church". It's more often that not SO pretentious...and, well, SUFFOCATING!! Not to mention a total snake-pit, but that's another rant for another day ;P
Anyways, the moral of the story is...Are we being real - truly authentic - with each other? And if not,
WHY?
1 comment:
Amen! although.. i do say "hope all is well." quite often, but it's sincere.. really. I love you and am "thinking" of you daily when I talk to our DAD. You can be real with me anytime I ask "how are you?" because i really want to know..
Post a Comment