I committed to this research study a few months back, but haven't officially started it. I've just been doing all the preliminary stuff. Anyways, got a call today that they messed up and I don't actually qualify for it. HOWEVER, because it was their mistake, they're paying me the full amount anyways - WOOHOO!!!! God works:)
I was at the bank drive-through and heard this woman screaming in the car next to me. I looked over to see what was going on, and she starts screaming and cursing at me, asking what I was looking at. She was obviously angry and irrational, so I didn't provoke her by answering her. I just looked away. A few minutes later, the driver gets out of the car, pops the hood, and it looked like something was wrong with their car. I rolled the windows down, and the woman starts screaming and calling me names again. I said, "Well I was just wondering if your car is okay and if you guys need some help. Do you need a jump or anything?" The guy says "no" and the woman immediately calms down, looks at me very apologetically, and quietly says, "Thank you, thank you".
Kill with kindness, y'all. You never know what kind of battle people are battling on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment