
When it comes to celebrity gossip, I am the worst! I would log onto Perez Hilton several times a day to escape reality, and I would consume myself with the lives of celebrities and all their drama. I was sooooo hateful and judgmental of some of them, especially Britney Spears. I could rant about her with the best of the gossip columnists. Then I heard the song by Bebo Norman that was written for Britney, and I felt very convicted. They're celebrities, but they're also human beings. Human beings with real problems, real struggles, and feelings. The difference is that they are locked in a reality that only cares about how hott they are NOW and spits them out when they become boring (aka healthy and settled) or run out of money. This all happens in the public eye with millions of judgmental jerks (like me) scrutinizing every detail of their journey and pain, criticizing them and discussing how much they suck. It occured to me that, for being so against gossip, I sure was taking part in it a LOT. Instead of taking part in the gossip and scrutiny, I need to set myself apart and love and pray for them, just as I would any person in my life dealing with rehab or their partner's infidelity. I am a week clean of my Perez Hilton vice. Check out Bebo Norman's song - it's playing on my playlist.
1 comment:
Jessica Lynn, You are becoming a transparent godly young woman and I must admit. . . I admire you so much!!! And I am so very thankful that you are a vital part of my life. Thank you for opening yourself up and sharing your recent convictions. I see you growing by leaps and bounds right before my very eyes! Okay across 300 miles of land, but because of recent technology it SEEMS like right before my eyes. :0
This accelerated spiritual growth comes the fastest, I have found, during intense struggle and pain over a long period of time. It is like one of those gifts that God gives you when you least expect it, as a reward for persevering through agonizing times and continually trusting in Him and His promises. "You are the potter; I am the clay." takes on a whole new meaning. I love you so much! Mom
Post a Comment