layout

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Shack


I just finished The Shack - it was amazing. If you haven't read it, GO GET IT! I have heard so many things about it being "unscriptural" - a word that just makes me laugh - but for some reason that deterred me for awhile. After reading it, I can definitely say that it is one of the clearest portrayals of God that I have encountered. The book made me feel completely, utterly CHERISHED by God. It's a story of redemption about a man whose little girl was kidnapped, assaulted, and brutally murdered. I know that description doesn't sound like a feel-good story of love, but it totally is. The theology in it is BRILLIANT and also probably a little bit controversial, but it stretched me in my thinking and in my perceptions and assumptions about God. If you've ever struggled with why God has let bad things happen in your life, this is exactly the book you need to read.

1 comment:

Gloria & Jeff Woods said...

That sounds like an incredible message! I had heard great things about it but had no idea what it was about. who knows? It may be the next book sent by the Team in our book of the month club! Love you!