I will post pics soon, promise :)
We had the most wonderful time this holiday! We hosted my Dad's family for Christmas Eve this year. I was tuckered out from working til 11 the night before and that day, plus Izaiah and I were sick, but it was fun anyways. Rosa-Mae showed up and surprised us all except for Dad. We were sooo excited!!!! It was so special to have us ALL here around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Me, Mark, Izaiah, Mom, Dad, Jonathan, Hannah, David, Grandma, Grandpa, Rosa-Mae and Carlos. It was one of the most perfect 24 hours :)
Izaiah was spoiled ROTTEN with toys...a new scooter, bike, workshop, costumes, games, shoes, clothes, Cardinal jersey, etc. etc. etc. We try so hard not to spoil him with material things, but it is so hard! Especially after all he has been through. I think he would have been just as happy having all his family around him. He loves everyone and is so attached to everyone. I could not be happier :)
My adorable husband got me a GPS and tempurpedic pillows! He is so sweet :) Hannah gave us a free night of babysitting and a gift card to the Drunken Fish. I can't wait! We are so blessed beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. I truly believe that many times it takes us going through something agonizingly painful in order to appreciate the true blessings in your life. In that way, I am thankful for the painful times. I am thankful that God meets me where I am at and does not demand perfection out of me.
Thanks Mom for cooking and cleaning while I was sick! I wish I had taken more pictures. Every year I say that, every year.
1 comment:
It was WONDERFUL being in your home for Christmas! We had the best time! And you know that I felt absolutely at home in your kitchen (once I learned where everything was kept)! God has blessed you and Mark in so many ways! And He has definitely blessed Izaiah with two of the best parents he could ever imagine having! What a joy! And Mark did great in following the Christmas tradition of bringing us back to the real reason for the season! I love you!!!!! Oh, and we ARE waiting on the pics! :-)
Post a Comment