layout

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

It's almost November?! We have been so busy here at the Fitzgerald home! Izaiah is growing exponentially. He is cuter and funnier than ever! He had to switch Kindergarten teachers again. Let me show you just how many he has gone through:

1. Ms. Totten
2. Ms. V
3. Ms. Glass
4. Ms. Totten (again)
5. Mr. Richardson
6. Ms. Anderson
7. Ms. Anderson (same name, different teacher)

This time it was because there was a kid in the room that has bad behaviors, too, and they would feed off one another. I don't think the teacher could handle them both. Then we had the issue of the school nurse refusing to give Izaiah his medicine because his heart rate was up! Of course it's up! Because he's running around hyper because you haven't given him his medicine! Then some days she just wouldn't give him his medicine. Then she'd call us 6 times a day. Then she'd tell me Mark had been up at the school to get Izaiah when he didn't. Then she'd say Izaiah was sleeping through class everyday (that part was quite humorous). Then she'd call and leave messages on my voicemail about chocolate. I think that nurse is losing it. Either that or she's getting dementia. The principal was so exasperated with her because Izaiah would have to spend an hour in her office every day after cussing out the teachers because he hadn't gotten his meds. Then the principal started sneaking behind the nurse's back to give him meds. Then the nurse got wind and would call us to come pick him up because she refused to give him anything. It was CRAZY for awhile, although humorous now :)

My job is nuts...NUTS! But I'm going to love it once I get into the swing of things. That should be in about a year. One of the biggest, sneakiest things God has used me for in my life happened at work and it's an amazing story. I will try to blog about it soon. Other than that, I took my first kid into foster care on Friday. It was awful. I'm so thankful to be that person, though, that it brings tears to my eyes. I have wanted to be "that social worker" ever since I was nine and read a book with a social worker character that was cold and jaded while working with kids, like it was just a normal, boring day when she brought a kid into care. To get to be the one to love on those kids during such an awful, traumatic experience means so much to me. I wish I could take that hurt and feel it for them.

Our neighbors are awesome. Our home is awesome. Friends are awesome. God is awesome.

The adoption process has officially begun! Hopefully things will be finalized by January. Ran into some pretty big - yet minor - setbacks. I'll blog about that later too. Promise.

1 comment:

hannah said...

YAY! im glad the adoption process is underway!! Can't wait til it's official! :)